Current Make Up Picks

Disclaimer: Although I work for The Body Shop this in no way effects my opinion. 
The products that have made the cut into my everyday routine, The brief? - fresh faced long lasting foundation, a golden glow and a touch of shimmer, the products used? read on...

As the weather has taken an autumnal turn the need for a super lightweight base is no more, and when it comes to foundations offering that little bit of extra coverage no one does it quite like Vichy, their Dermablend foundation is medium to full coverage and gives a slightly velvety finish without being too matte, a little also goes an incredibly long way so less is definitely more when applying.

For contouring I have been using a combination of my two favourite bronzers, the first is one of my most loved make up products - Nars Laguna, this just gives a very natural looking contour without looking muddy or too warm, I like to use my Real Techniques Contour Brush to apply this into the hollows of my cheeks and my temples etc, after I like to use a Kabuki brush to apply another matte bronzer - The Body Shop's Honey Bronzer in 03, the combination of the two create a subtle warmth to the skin and give that much needed definition of the cheekbone area.

The shimmer mentioned in the brief? Well look no further than The Body Shop's Shimmer Cubes, incredibly pigmented and bursting with shimmer these little squares of pure beauty goodness are perfect for creating all number of eye looks whether you want a light natural wash of colour on the lids or you want to go for a full on dramatic smoky eye. I have the Spring Bronze quad, this is packed with warm earthy tones that are very flattering.

To keep things in place and lasting all day I like to use a setting spray, The Body Shop's Vitamin E Face Mist is perfect for adding a little moisture as well as holding your make up in place - perfect if you have gone a tad overboard on the powder front and need to get things looking a little less cakey. This lightweight spray contains rosewater and is very refreshing, it is great for carry round in your handbag for on the go touch ups.

Let me know if you have tried any of these in the comments below:)



2 comments

  1. I really want to try the dermablend foundation and face mist now they sound so good. Just wanted to say how much I love your posts, your writing and photography is so lovely, keep it up xx

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Your photography is gorgeous may I add:)xx

      Delete

© W.M.C
Design:Maira Gall.