Getting Beach Ready


Whether you are planning a trip abroad somewhere hot this summer or just hanging out in your garden enjoying the British summer I have got the must haves covered...

The Bikini - There are so many different styles on the high street this summer, from high waisted vintage inspired numbers to the classic triangle style, I have picked up a few sets to last me through my trip away at the end of June. The first is a high waisted duo from River Island, the shape is very fifties with a contrasting modern pattern that gives this bikini a unique look. This shade of blue will flatter so many different skin tones and the shape really helps to create an hourglass figure. If this has too much material for you then try Boohoo, I found this adorable nautical inspired triangle bikini with tie up sides and neck, there is no denying this is for the braver gals out there as this style shows a lot of skin - but it is great for getting maximum tan! H&M have a lovely summer swimwear selection in at the moment, I chose this bronze set with rose gold beads, the top is super comfortable and gives great support, and this design comes in a range of colours so it is easy to mix and match tops and bottoms to create a more unique set.

Kimonos have been really big this year, and I think summer will see the trend continue to flourish, these are perfect for wearing with a bikini on the beach, they come in so many different patterns and fabrics it is really easy to find one that suits your style, I went for the River Island Kimono in purple, it looks wonderfully oriental and is nice and long so has a real bohemian vibe.

My beach must haves as far as products go are fairly minimal, keep hair and make up simple and be bold with nail polish, I love bright summer shades like Essie's Tart Deco and Style Hunter or anything from the Models Own Hedkandi or Polish for Tans collections. Speaking of tans I like to be a little bronzed on the beach so to give my tan a head start I use the Cocoa Brown One Hour Tan, this is super quick to apply, sinks in well and gives a lovely natural, long lasting shade.

So there are my tips on getting beach ready, what are some of yours?


No comments

Post a Comment

© W.M.C
Design:Maira Gall.