The Skincare Series: Part One


When it comes to my skincare routine I think I have finally got it just right, all that experimenting has paid off and now I am left with a selection of products that suit my skin and a routine that works well, here is what I use to cleanse and tone...

Cleansers come in so many different formulas - creams, balms, foaming washes etc but nothing takes my make-up off better than an oil cleanser, the oil breaks down dirt and make-up like nothing else out there, my current cleanser is The Body Shop's Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil, this is super gentle and melts into the skin leaving it feeling super soft. I massage this into dry skin and then add water so the oil emulsifies, next I take a clean muslin cloth and soak it in warm water, ring out excess liquid and then use to take the cleanser off - make-up and dirt literally melts away to reveal a squeaky clean face.

If I have a little more make-up on than the usual everyday face like a smoky eye or a heavy lip then I like to use something slightly more heavy duty like the Camomile Gentle Eye Make Up Remover, this on a cotton pad makes removing a smoky eye effortless - again the formula is great for sensitive eyes as its incredibly gentle and soothing.

To prepare my skin for moisturiser I have been using the L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Velvety Soft Toner - this is specially formulated for sensitive skin and is infused with skin softening actives which leave skin feeling clean and smooth, I like to apply this day and night after my cleansing routine to help improve my skins texture, this is also alcohol free so doesn't cause dryness or discomfort.

The next step is to hydrate and moisturise, stay tuned for part two...

DISCLAIMER: Although I work for The Body Shop, my opinions are all my own. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© W.M.C
Design:Maira Gall.