Coming Soon: Benefit's Roller Lash


Volume? Check. Length? Check. Curl? Check. Does Benefit's new Roller Lash Mascara really do it all?

After trying Benefit's They're Real Mascara a few months back I found the formula just wasn't for me, my natural lashes are long and often reluctant to curl so when I read that Benefit were launching a new mascara called Roller Lash I knew it was one I needed to try. Luckily Elle Magazine collaborated with Benefit and the March issue came with a lovely sample of the new release, I often find that I either love or hate mascaras so being able to get my hands on a sample is a great saving money exercise!

The packaging of this is beyond cute, clearly inspired by 50's hair rollers - the pink textured handle of the full size mascara allows the user to have a good grip on the wand as well as looking chic. Benefit are always on point with the design of their packaging. 

Now lets get down to the formula - It's lightweight, water resistant, and contains pro vitamin B5 and Serin which are known for their lash conditioning benefits, it really lifts the lashes and adds volume and the jet black shade is such a dramatic look. I find that using eyelash curlers before applying this mascara helps to curl to stay in place. The small easy to use 'hook n' roll' brush allows you to grab every lash giving you a wide awake look at the same time as setting a curve and separating the lashes.

The formula promises to keep your lashes curled for twelve hours, a bold statement that I just don't think the mascara itself lives up to but hardly a problem if like me you only need it to last the working day. A great beauty tip I did see was to apply this mascara and leave it to dry and then add a layer of Benefit's Lengthening They're Real Mascara on top to give it that false lash effect - this is perfect if your lashes are naturally short!

Will you be trying this when it launches? 



No comments

Post a Comment

© W.M.C
Design:Maira Gall.