Caring for Sensitive Skin


Finding a cleanser for sensitive skin that is gentle yet effective can often be tricky, but recently I have been using The Body Shop's Aloe Vera Calming Cleanser for sensitive skin, read on for the full review...

After trying out the Skincare Diagnostic Tool on The Body Shop's website I was recommended the Aloe Cleanser and Toner as my skin shows signs of irritation and sensitivity - i.e dryness, tightness, redness etc. The gentle formula ensures your make up is removed effectively without causing any irritation, the community fair trade Aloe Vera soothes the skin and helps to calm down any redness. This calming cleanser also contains sorbitol an ingredient which helps the skin to retain its moisture making it feel hydrated and supple.

How to use - First I use an eye make up remover like Bioderma just to remove stubborn waterproof mascara, then I gently apply the Aloe cleanser onto dry skin massaging it down my neck and on my face, next I use The Body Shop's super soft facial cleansing brush in round circular motions, the soft bristles buff the skin removing dirt, make up and impurities revealing fresh, soft, cleansed skin.

After cleansing I like to tone my skin, recently my skin has been slightly de-hydrated, probably becuase the central heating is playing havoc with my skins moisture levels, so I have been reaching for The Body Shop's Vitamin E Hydrating Toner, this helps to inject moisture into my skin at the same time as cooling and removing any final traces of dirt and cleanser. Like the rest of the Vitamin E range this is packed with Wheatgerm Oil, an ingreadiant that protects the skin agaisnt pre-mature aging and for all you big city gals out there - pollution.

If like me your skin is sensitive I definitely recommend giving the Aloe Calming Cleanser a try, if you like products like the Avene Tolerance Extreme Cleansing Lotion (£14.50) then you will love this, there is a whole range dedicated to sensitive skin types, the soothing aloe gel is next on my shopping list, have you tried anything from The Body Shop's Aloe Vera range?

Disclaimer - Although I work for The Body Shop, the opinions expressed are all my own and unless stated the products mentioned were purchased with my own money.

No comments

Post a Comment

© W.M.C
Design:Maira Gall.