Save or Splurge: Foundations


When it comes to foundations I really like investing in a high end products as I feel that a good base is the most important thing when it comes to make up, having said that there are a few really good drugstore foundations that I have been trying recently that are really matching up to the high end standard, take Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum for example, I have the shade light bronze which really suits my skin tone. This foundation is a gel formula and it applies to the skin really well with fingers or with a foundation brush. I find this lasts really well on my skin and the finish is satin with a slightly dewy radiant look. I need to powder this after around eight hours just around my nose and chin, but other than that it lasts well throughout the day. So all that being said how does it compare to a high end foundation?

Well I think it is only fair to compare it to something similar, and Yves Saint Laurent's Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation is very alike, the finish I find to be almost identical to Healthy Mix Serum, it creates a flawless, satin finish and gives a lovely glow to the skin, again after around eight hours I need to apply a little powder around my oily areas. Both of these foundations cover up my blemishes and create an even skintone.

YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation retails at £28, and at under half of that price you can get the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum for £10.99, is it about time I become a little more open minded about drugstore foundations? 


No comments

Post a Comment

© W.M.C
Design:Maira Gall.